RULES & REGULATIONS
CONTEST SPONSORS: OPGI Management Limited Partnership and Oxford Properties Group (the “Contest Sponsors”).
1. CONTEST & HOW TO ENTER: The #FeelGood(Black)Friday Contest runs from Friday, November 29, 2019 at 11:00 AM (ET) to Friday, November 29, 2019 at 2 PM (ET). A random draw will take place at 10:00 AM (ET) on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 by the Contest Sponsors. NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. All entries qualify for the prizes draw, but each entrant cannot win more than one prize throughout the Contest. To enter the Contest, entrants must stop by our activation footprint at Royal Bank Plaza, Richmond-Adelaide Centre, and/or MetroCentre; snap a photo in front of our holiday photobooth; enter their e-mail address, full name and building location; and they will be digitally entered for a chance to win one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00 CAD) Oxford Gift Card. One entry per person per property is allowed, no exceptions. Entrants must supply personal information to show residency and make contact and as further set out in these rules & regulations (the “Official Contest Rules and Regulations”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to residents of Ontario. Residents of Quebec are not eligible to enter. Employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Oxford Properties Group (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and Contest judges are not eligible to enter.
3. PRIZES: There will be three (3) prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00 CAD) Oxford Gift Card (total prize retail value ($1,500.00 CAD).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who entered the contest. For full gift card terms and conditions visit: https://www.americanexpress.com/canada/en/giftcards/terms-conditions.html
4. ODDS OF WINNING & REGIONAL ALLOCATION: The odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest. The odds of winning a prize of a particular value depends on the number of prizes already awarded and claimed. All three of the prizes are allocated for and in the Province of Ontario.
5. DRAW: On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, three (3) eligible entrants will be selected by Contest Sponsors by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Each winner will win one (1) of the three (3) Oxford Gift Card prizes. Each drawn entry is a “Selected Entry” or “Selected Entrant”. Promptly after the draw, the Contest Sponsors will email each Selected Entrant at the email address on each such Selected Entry. In order for a Selected Entrant to be a winner of his or her corresponding prize, the Selected Entrant must, within 30 days of the Draw Date, respond to the Contest Sponsors’ email, correctly answer a skill-testing question, and provide the documents and information set out in and otherwise comply with the terms of Section 6(b) of these Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not so comply, the Contest Sponsors may, as set out in Section 6(b) of these Rules, disqualify the Selected Entrant, randomly draw another entry for such prize or remove such prize from the Contest, and the Selected Entrant who did not so comply will have no recourse against or liability from any Contest Group Member (as subsequently defined).
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. All entries automatically and irrevocably become the sole property of the Contest Sponsors (upon each such entry being made) and will not be returned. All entries that are inappropriate or illegitimate, that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy anything in these Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion.
b. In order for a Selected Entrant to be a winner of his or her corresponding prize, the Selected Entrant must, within 30 days of the Draw Date, (i) respond to the Contest Sponsors’ email, (ii) correctly answer a skill-testing question, (iii) provide the Contest Sponsors with a true, complete and accurate copy of valid and unexpired government issued photo identification as evidence of his or her age and (iv) sign and return (1) a declaration of eligibility confirming his/her compliance with these Rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded and (2) a release releasing the Contest Sponsors and all other persons and entities associated in any way with the Contest, and all of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and their respective advertising and promotional agencies (each a “Contest Group Member” and collectively the “Contest Group Members”), from any and all costs, losses, damages and liability arising from, connected with or relating to the Contest, including, without limitation, administration of the Contest, disqualification of entries, all draws, the selection of entries, the corresponding prize drawn for an entry, the acceptance and use of a prize and the forfeiture of a prize (collectively, “Contest Liability”). If a Selected Entrant did not reach the age of majority in the Province of Ontario on the Draw Date (or the date of a subsequent draw), the declaration of eligibility and release must be signed by a parent or legal guardian of the Selected Entrant and evidence of such person being a parent or legal guardian of the Selected Entrant (satisfactory to the Contest Sponsors’ in their sole discretion) must be delivered to the Contest Sponsors with the declaration of eligibility and the release. If a Selected Entrant does not so comply, then in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, the prize drawn for the Selected Entrant may be forfeited (without any recourse to or liability of any Contest Group Member), the Contest Sponsors may randomly draw an entry from the remaining entries (which, for greater certainty, shall not include any entry that is already a Selected Entry and the forfeited Selected Entry) for such forfeited prize or remove the forfeited prize from the Contest. No substitutions for or transfer of any prize will be allowed except that the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize (or any prize component) for another prize (or prize component) of approximately the same retail value, in their sole and absolute discretion without prior notice. Each prize will be delivered only to the Selected Entrant.
c. By entering the Contest, each entrant (whether or not the entrant is a Selected Entrant or winner), automatically and irrevocably consents to the use and publication of the entrant’s full name, social media handles, place of residence, photograph, voice and image (and assigns all of its intellectual property rights to the Contest Sponsors and waives all moral rights under the Copyright Act (Canada) and similar legislation) with respect to any such photograph, voice and image) for all publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media used by the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, with respect to the Contest, without payment or compensation to any entrant by any Contest Group Member or other person.
d. By entering the Contest, each entrant (whether or not the entrant is a Selected Entrant or winner), (i) is deemed to have fully read, understood and accepted these Rules, which Rules are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants and (ii) automatically and irrevocably releases every Contest Group Member from all Contest Liability.
e. By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, full name, address, birth date, city, e-mail address(es), social media handles and telephone number(s), each Contest entrant thereby automatically and irrevocably grants permission to the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies with respect to the Contest to collect, retain and use all such personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest and the purposes described in Section 6(c) of these Rules. Any Contest entrant who has selected or indicated on his or her entry that he or she wishes to be contacted regarding future promotions and/or offers related or unrelated to the Contest does thereby automatically grant permission to the Contest Sponsors and the other Contest Group Members (as applicable) to so contact the entrant and the entrant shall be added to the Contest Sponsors’ databases for such purpose.
f. No Contest Group Member is responsible or liable, jointly or severally, for any of the following: (i) erroneous, damaged, destroyed, lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inappropriate, incorrectly addressed or misdirected entries, regardless of the cause; (ii) failure for any reason whatsoever of Selected Entrants to receive a prize notification; (iii) any change in an entrant’s telephone numbers or email address after entries are submitted; (iv) computer, online, telephone, communication or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or (v) damage or loss, including any loss, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to, but not limited to, the Contest, any Contest Liability, the submission of entries in the Contest, participation in the Contest, a prize and use of a prize, and in each case regardless of the cause or any negligence or misconduct by any Contest Sponsor, any Contest Group Member or any person or entity for whom any of them are responsible, and notwithstanding that any of those entities or persons may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
g. If for any reason the Contest Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Contest Sponsors including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsors may in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant, Selected Entrant or winner responsible for such misconduct or who, in the reasonable opinion of the Contest Sponsors, may have been responsible for such misconduct and withdraw, cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Contest by publishing a notice on a website or social media account of the Contest Sponsors or by any other method. Decisions of the Contest Sponsors regarding any and all aspects of the Contest including, without limitation, a dispute as to whether an entrant has complied with all of these Rules shall be resolved in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor and are final and binding on all entrants.
h. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
i. The Contest and all related matters are governed solely by laws of Ontario, Canada and applicable federal laws of Canada. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
No purchase necessary. Open to residents of Ontario who have reached the age of majority or any minor between the ages of 13-17 with the written consent of a parent or guardian in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, volunteers and others affiliated with Oxford Properties Group along with their families are not eligible to enter. Contest runs from Friday, November 29, 2019 at 11:00 AM (ET) to Friday, November 29, 2019 at 2:00 PM (ET). To enter the Contest, entrants must stop by our activation footprint at Royal Bank Plaza, Richmond-Adelaide Centre and/or MetroCentre, snap a photo in front of our holiday photobooth, enter their e-mail address, full name and building that they had their photo taken on a provided iPad, where they will be automatically entered online for a chance to win one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00 CAD) Oxford Gift Card. One entry per person per property is allowed, no exceptions. Winners will be chosen by random draw by Contest Sponsors on Wednesday, December 4, 2019. Prize must be accepted as is and cannot be returned or traded for cash. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Correctly answering a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question required. Oxford Properties reserves the right to publicly announce prize winners by their first name via communications following the contest. Oxford reserves the right to update or modify these rules at any time without notice and/or cancel a contest at any time for any reason.